At A Glance
Charlotte Jewish Day School started small, with a lifelong vision of preparing generations of Jewish children for success in academics and in life.The growth of our school since its inception in 1988 mirrors the growth of the Jewish community in Charlotte, North Carolina. We are now a true community day school, and each year we reach more students and touch the lives of more families across the entire spectrum of Judaism.
Yet no matter how far we have come, CJDS remains committed to maintaining and preserving the values and principles that inspired us to create our school. Our graduates will become the leaders of tomorrow, equipped with a powerful scholastic, ethical and religious foundation, and confident in their unique strengths, talents, and ability to make a difference in their communities and the world around them.
- Founded in 1988
- Grades served: Kindergarten through fifth grade
- Maximum 1:12 Student – teacher ratio
- Of our 2011 graduates, 60% are entering private schools and 40% are entering public schools
- Student enrollment for the 2011-2012 year is approximately 100 students
- Many of our families carpool. We also offer bus service from several areas in Charlotte
- Diverse backgrounds, practices, and beliefs with the majority belonging to the reform and conservative movements. Others bridge the spectrum from unaffiliated to Orthodox.
- The day is divided 65% general studies and 35% Judaic studies
- Accreditation, memberships and grants: (SACS, NAIS, RAVSAK)