Elementary School Teacher
Moderate size school seeking elementary grade teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. A teacher at our school is motivated and demonstrates a growth mindset, and skill to succeed in an environment of high expectations while also being a true team player. We believe that creating a successful school requires partnership and connection with our families. Our teachers demonstrate best practice competencies, energy and positive attitude needed to encourage and teach all students’ academic and social preparedness. Our teachers support our core values, vision, and mission.
THE ROLE IS A FIT:
- You believe in the power of education to change lives and the world.
- You are passionate about planning rigorous, engaging lessons for your students.
- You are energetic, progressive, and results minded.
- You approach challenges with grace, understanding and flexibility.
- You know that in order to fully educate a child you must develop their character.
- You recognize that all children have different needs related to their academics, social and emotional development.
- You believe in communicating and partnering with parents proactively.
- You have a growth mindset, problem solve, seek out answers, and are eager to implement feedback.
- You have upstanding ethics and integrity.
YOU MUST HAVE:
Bachelor’s degree in education
Bachelor’s degree in any field with a teaching certification
- Minimum three years classroom experience in an elementary school setting
- Pass a background check
We are looking for exemplary teachers who will help us deliver a whole-child experience, while ensuring educational accountability for benchmarks and goals.
- Full Time/Monday-Friday
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and health
- Paid Time Off
SKILLS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A compassionate and confident teacher
- Strong teaching abilities
- Positive, growth-focused, classroom management
- Establishes a safe and orderly environment and a culture to empower students
- Strong organizational skills
- Efficient time management
- An understanding of pedagogy and instructional best practices in elementary education, and an enthusiasm for connecting learning to real life application
- Able to work collaboratively with grade level and vertical teams
- Good at problem-solving quickly under pressure
- Ability to take on many tasks at once and prioritize them by importance and relevance
- Keeps a positive attitude and can control emotions
- Creative and able to facilitate an engaging learning environment
- Attentive listener to all stakeholders
- Clear, consistent and respectful communicator
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with school personnel to create a professional learning community
- Develops goals and strategies through the school improvement plan
- Appreciates differences and values contributions of each student building positive, appropriate relationships
- Incorporates life skills: leadership, ethics, accountability, adaptability, personal, productivity, personal responsibility, people skills, self-direction, and social responsibility.
- Regularly assesses students, both formative and summative
- Demonstrates technology/instructional media competency in order to enhance learning
- Work with parents to promote positive behavioral support and respectful, yet nurturing learning environment
- Differentiates instruction and expectations according to the varied levels of the students based on assessments and data
Job Type: Full-time