We had a wonderful day celebrating Chanukah and your children are coming home loaded with treasures. Here is some of what you can expect to find in your child’s backpack.
- A project on our foremothers, Sarah and Rivkah’s tent. Ask your child about the three nissim (miracles) that took place in that tent. Ask them to define just what a nes (miracle) is?
- Alef Bet work.
- Center feedback sheets.
- A Chanukah story book illustrated by your child. Ask your child about the 2 nissim (miracles) of Chanuka.
- A gift from Ms. Jadyn and myself. Ask your child why it is a tradition to give Chanukah coins and/or gifts? in order to stick to tradition, we included a real quarter along with our gift.
- A Chanukiya your child made today at assembly. Ask your child which candle we light first?
- A Chanukah coin (real! not chocolate) from all of at CJDS.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Chanukah and winter break.