Judaica Folders Came Home Yesterday!
Judaica folders were sent home in your child’s backpack yesterday, and here are some of the things you can expect to find:
- A drawing of Yosef’s beautiful coat. We practiced being fashion designers in kindergarten! The Torah tells us that Yaakov gave Yosef a beautiful coat. Not all the commentaries agree that it was striped. This gave us the license to design the coat as unique and beautiful as we could imagine. No wonder his brothers were jealous!
- A project depicting Pharaoh’s dreams. I hope you saw the videos on Instagram of our very own Lincoln and Ari pretending to be Pharaoh and retelling the dreams.
- Lots and lots of Aleph Bet work.
- A new listening center feedback worksheet. After the children listen to the story, they decide if they liked it, (nothing wrong in saying they didn’t, this is pure opinion) and then they draw a picture of one part they liked the best.
- A parent – teacher communication note. Please sign and/or comment and return with empty folder to school.
You may have heard about a wedding from your children. Well Mazal Tov! The letter Aleph is to marry the letter Ayin. They found that they have much in common. Neither can make a sound without the help of a vowel! The wedding will take place G-d willing, on March 7th. Keep an eye on your email for your child’s role as well as costume suggestions. Please don’t feel like you need to shop! The costumes are meant to be simple, and as always I am here to help. I also have access to plenty of costumes here at school.
We are so excited about the Challah bake this Friday and we can’t wait to see you and show you how much we learned!